Each of our ongoing support groups meet monthly. A $15 tax-deductible contribution to the nonprofit is encouraged for all support groups. Participants may come for as long or as short of a time as they need, with no start or end date. Groups typically meet from 7:00 – 8:30pm. Additional donations are appreciated.
- Growing through Grief – This ongoing support group is open to anyone who has experienced a death. Come and spend time learning about the grief process and connecting with others. Meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Loss of a Spouse/Partner Education and Support Group – An ongoing support and educational group for people who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. If your loss is recent or years ago, you are welcome to come and spend an evening with others who are on a similar journey. (Newcomers are encouraged to attend this group before attending the Loss of a Spouse/Partner Peer Support Group).
Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- Healthcare Worker Support Group – A support group for healthcare workers who have experienced grief and loss due to the complexities and challenges caring for those impacted by COVID-19. This group meets the 2nd Thursday of the month.
- Loss of a Parent Support Group – An ongoing support group for adults who have experienced the death of a parent(s). Meets on the 1st Monday and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- Loss of a Spouse/Partner Peer Support Group – An ongoing support group focused on discussion topics relating to the grief and loss journey. Meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Men’s Loss of Spouse/Partner Group – A peer support group dedicated to addressing the unique issues encountered by men who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. Meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month.
- Young Widowed Group – A peer support group for men and women 45 and under who have lost a spouse, partner or significant other. Meets on the 3rd Monday of every month.
Community Groups Meeting at Heartlight Center
- East Metro Heartbeat Group – This is an ongoing monthly support group for survivors after suicide, who seek hope and healing in their lives after the tragic loss of a loved one to suicide. We come to share our pain and connect with other survivors in a circle of acceptance, understanding, and love.
- Compassionate Friends Aurora Chapter – A peer support group for bereaved parents, grandparents and adult siblings who have experienced the death of a child, grandchild or sibling at any age and for any reason. Meets on the third Thursday of each month.
- Bereaved Siblings Support Group – A support group for individuals 18 and up who are grieving the loss of their sibling or siblings. Meets on the 1st Thursday of month from 7-9pm at HeartLight Center.
- GRASP – Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing – GRASP provides sources of help, compassion and most of all understanding for individuals and families who have had someone they love die as a result of substance use or addiction. Meet the third Monday of each month. Please note: this group is not appropriate for individuals who are currently dealing with substance abuse.
For additional information regarding our support groups – please email email@example.com.