Each of our ongoing support groups meet monthly. A $15 tax-deductible contribution to the nonprofit is encouraged for all support groups. Participants may come for as long or as short of a time as they need, with no start or end date. Groups typically meet from 7:00 – 8:30pm. Additional donations are appreciated.
- Growing through Grief – This ongoing support group is open to anyone who has experienced a death. Come and spend time learning about the grief process and connecting with others. Meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Loss of a Spouse/Partner Groups – An ongoing support and educational group for people who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. If your loss is recent or years ago, you are welcome to come and spend an evening with others who are on a similar journey. Meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month.
- Healthcare Worker/Professionals Group – A group for healthcare workers and other professionals who support bereaved individuals (funeral directors, first responders, therapists, educators etc.) who have experienced grief and loss due to the complexities and challenges caring for those impacted by COVID-19. This group meets the 2nd Thursday of the month.
- COVID Loss: You Are Not Alone Group – (NEW!) A Support Group if you are experiencing loss, of any kind, due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Meets on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
- Loss of a Parent Support Groups – An ongoing support group for adults who have experienced the death of a parent(s). Meets on the 1st Monday and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- Men’s Loss of Spouse/Partner Group – A peer support group dedicated to addressing the unique issues encountered by men who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. Meets on the 1st Tuesday of the month.
- Young Loss of a Spouse/Partner Groups – A peer support group for people 45 and under who have lost a spouse, partner or significant other. The group that meets the 1st Thursday of the month are 6 months or more post loss, this group is topical and small group discussions. The group that meets the 3rd Friday of the month is for anyone who has lost a spouse, partner or significant other whether recently or years ago.
Community Groups Meeting at Heartlight Center
- East Metro Heartbeat Group – This is an ongoing monthly support group for survivors after suicide, who seek hope and healing in their lives after the tragic loss of a loved one to suicide. We come to share our pain and connect with other survivors in a circle of acceptance, understanding, and love.
- Compassionate Friends Aurora Chapter – A peer support group for bereaved parents, grandparents and adult siblings who have experienced the death of a child, grandchild or sibling at any age and for any reason. Meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Bereaved Siblings Support Group – A support group for individuals 18 and up who are grieving the loss of their sibling or siblings. Meets on the 1st Thursday of month from 7-9pm.
- GRASP – Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing – GRASP provides sources of help, compassion and most of all understanding for individuals and families who have had someone they love die as a result of substance use or addiction. Meet the 3rd Monday of the month. Please note: this group is not appropriate for individuals who are currently dealing with substance abuse.
For additional information regarding our support groups – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.