Join us for an informative evening with Dr. Alan Wolfelt
Thursday, September 17, 2020
Horan & McConaty
5303 E. County Line Road at Holly Street
Centennial, CO 80122
Free Program but must RSVP to attend to 303.745.1771 Option 3 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tending to your broken heart when someone dies: hope for your healing
We look forward to having you join us for this evening that gently embraces the reality that the capacity to love requires the necessity to mourn.
WHY THIS PROGRAM?
This is is an opportunity to learn some essential information that Dr. Wolfelt has learned in his four decades of “companioning” thousands of people in grief. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a best-selling author about how to integrate grief into your life, your living, and your loving. If you know anyone who would bene t from this opportunity to embrace hope and healing, please let them know about this program. We look forward to having you, your family, and your friends join us.
Dr. Alan Wolfelt is one of North America’s leading grief counselors and the author of many best-selling books about healing in grief. This compassionate program will acknowledge that loss is an unavoidable part of human life, but it doesn’t have to prevent you from living well. The content of this evening program is based on Dr. Wolfelt’s book, First Aid for Broken Hearts.
Among the content areas to be explored in this program are the following:
• Broken Hearts: A Broader Framework for Loss
• Exploring the “Ripple Effect” of Grief: Loss of Self, Security, Meaning
• Understanding the Value of Convalescence
• Distinguishing Grief from Mourning
• The Unique Influences on Your Grief
• Describing Potential Dimensions of Your Response
• Identifying the Six Central Needs of Mourning
• Understanding Your Self-Care Essentials
• Hope for Your Healing: Reconciliation versus Resolution
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Dr. Alan Wolfelt is a noted author, educator, and grief counselor. Recipient of the Association for Death Education and Counseling’s Death Educator Award, he serves as the Director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition (www.centerforloss.com) in Fort Collins, CO. He is also a faculty member of the University of Colorado Medical School’s Department of Family Medicine.
Dr. Wolfelt is the best-selling author of more than seventy books including:
• First Aid for Broken Hearts
• Loving From the Outside In, Mourning From the Inside Out
• Understanding Your Grief; The Journey Through Grief; Companioning the Bereaved: A Soulful Guide for Caregivers
• Healing a Spouse’s Grieving Heart
• Companioning the Grieving Child
• Healing a Parent’s Grieving Heart
• Creating Meaningful Funeral Ceremonies